Saturday, June 5, 2010

Starting from today....

I tried to start my blog last year and I got off to a really rough start, so I am trying again today. Seems like a missed great opportunities to blog because so many things have been happening in my life. So I am trying to lose weight because I gained a lot of weight when I was pregnant with my daughter and was not successfull in losing the weight after she was born. I am now engaged to be married and I can not find a wedding dress that looks good on me because all the dresses make me feel like a blimp. The other day I went outside and realized how hot it was and that I did not have any summer clothes. So today I went on a wonderful trip to get some summer clothes. I had to try on everything because I have not been shopping in forever. I was able to find some great deals and even picked up some items for my little one. However, after leaving the store I felt guilty. I felt like I had wasted money on myself and I could have done something better with that money like buy a new monitor for my computer or put the money in my IRA. The thing is that I have not been shopping in so long and have not done something for myself in so long that I feel guilty now when I do. I obviously have to stop this and start at least buying myself a shirt a week. I work hard and the least I can do is have a clearance shirt or a pair of new shoes. My daughter has more stuff than me and that is just unacceptable. I promised myself I would not let myself go when I had her. I said I was going to be a fun, sexy, hip, and sassy mother and that is what I am going to do. Wow. I had to slap my own self. Now if I could convience myself to exercise more then things would be just right!

No comments:

Post a Comment