Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Praying for just enough?

I have been doing a lot of reading this Spring. Mostly about money management, but I did manage to read a book about studying my bible and participating in church. I am a christian and I attend a non-denominational church. My pastor preaches all the time about how we should pray for what we want and not just what we need. He constantly says that God is a very loving and gracious God and he does not want us to be broke or living paycheck to paycheck. I used to attend a baptist church and I felt like I was constantly being told just to pray for what I needed. I would pray just for what I needed and I did receive it, but I only received just that. I never got anything more. As a child, I always wondered about this and thought why would God give us just enough. If he always gave us just enough then we would always be just a little over broke. We would never be able to help anyone because we would not have enough to do so. Not many people understand this concept and feel that we should not bother God with so much of our issues. That is like an insult to God. God is all powerful and mighty so why can we not bother him? He said he would take care of us and provide us with all we want and need. To treat him as if he is just a small fry is liking saying I only trust you with this and I will fix the rest myself. God wants you to have everything you need and want. When you have an abundance you can share it with others and by sharing it with others you will be sharing the blessings and spreading the word of God. Look to your bible. It tells you everything you need to know. Interpret it the way it is. Don't let anyone tell you what it is suppose to say. Know for yourself what it says.

No comments:

Post a Comment