Monday, June 7, 2010

new channels added to my tv life

So, yesterday was "Family Day". Love (my fiance) went to church and Kitty (my daughter) spent the weekend with her grandmother, aunt, and cousin. We usually go to church on Sundays and then come and watch movies. Kitty was so worn out after we picked her up from my mother's house that she went straight to sleep when we got home. Since she went straight to sleep we were able to watch "big kid" movies. We didn't. Instead we watched Confessions of a Shopaholic which was surprisingly funny and cute. I was going to watch the new season of Bridezillas, but realized that I did not have the upper tier channels! What the heck??!! All that money I pay to Comcast and I still do not have all the available channels. Most of the best stuff comes on the upper division channels such as Snapped maratons on Oxygen and Law and Order: Criminal Intent marathons on Bravo. Who in their right minds can live without those? Anyway, I called Comcast to add on the channels and they told me they could give them to me for a deal of $9.95 for 12 months. I was like how about free? That is an awesome deal. They said no. I guess that was the cheap in me talking. Needless to say I took the deal and will be able to DVR the next episodes and catch up on the one I missed. I am sorry to say it, but it seems as though I am a reality tv junkie. I don't know what it is about those shows, but I can not change the channel and it bothers me that they have captured me. I think that they are so stupid and probably fluffed up for tv, but it is so funny to watch people act a plain fool on tv.


Anywho, I looked out the window today around noon and realized that my neighborhood has quite the kids in it. I also realized that these kids must be really mature for their age because there was no parent in sight. I do not know what is up with the parents these days, but they must have missed the email about how Summer is kidnapping season. Child molestors love summer because the kids are so freely abundant. It is like a child buffet! I do not understand why parents are so trusting. Kitty will never ever go outside and just play with out their being a gate around our house, me outside with her, or her being with another member of my immediate family. These parents just set the kids free and they are playing right in front of my door. I live in an apartment complex that is pretty big so if I wanted to kidnap a child I could do it and it would take them awhile to find the child. Some people will never learn until their child is snatched up and taken away.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my God, Asha, I was laughing the entire time I was reading this.

    I live in an apartment complex that is pretty big so if I wanted to kidnap a child I could do it and it would take them awhile to find the child.

    !!!

    ReplyDelete